What Is Arthritis Remedies?
Arthritis Remedies is a condition that manifests in form of inflamed joints. The condition can affect one joint, but other times, it affects multiple joints. Today, there are more than a hundred different types of arthritis.
These forms of arthritis have different causes as well as treatment approaches.
Arthritis is common in women than it is in men. It is also common in people who are overweight. Arthritis is commonly reported to be experienced by older people.
However, in some cases children or young people can develop this kind of degenerative disease condition. The commonest types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. 1
As mentioned, there are different causes of arthritis. When there is wear and tear, it may cause osteoarthritis, a common form of arthritis.
A connective tissue called cartilage is found in joints and it helps protect the joints by acting as a shock absorber for pressure or shock that may be created on the body part when a person moves or puts stress on the joints.
When there is reduction of the cartilage tissue, it could result in a form of arthritis. An infection or even injury occurring to the joints may increase the natural action of breaking down the joint’s cartilage tissue.
If your family has a history of suffering from arthritis, you are considered to be at a risk.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that occurs when the immune system of the body begins to attack tissue. The attacks tend to affect a soft tissue found in the joints known as synovium.
This tissue produces a fluid that helps in nourishing the cartilage and lubricating the joints.
A person with arthritis will experience symptoms such as:
- Joint pain
- Stiffness of joints
- Reduced range of motion
- Redness of skin surrounding the joints
The symptoms tend to worsen in the morning. For rheumatoid arthritis, a patient feels tired and has loss of appetite.
The person may be anemic – has reduced red blood cell count and may have slight fever. When rheumatoid arthritis is left untreated, it could cause joint deformity.
If arthritis is causing pain such earache, a patient may need to seek remedies for earache.
Although there are many different kinds of arthritis, the good news is that, there are suggested remedies that you can try to prevent or combat this degenerative disease condition, such as:
Garlic, which is one of the best Arthritis Remedies, has so many health benefits and is known to have an anti inflammatory property that is good for people who are suffering from the arthritis condition.
For people with arthritis, it is suggested that they should consume either cooked or raw garlic.
2. Lime water
Lime water is another arthritis remedy using the juice from a lime. The lime juice is known to have citric acid which is bad for arthritic people.
Hence, to remove the citric acid from the lime juice, just dilute the lime juice with some water. It is suggested that people with arthritis should drink the lime water daily, every morning.
3. Sesame seed water
Another arthritis remedy is the use of sesame seed water which can prevent the occurrence of joint pain, especially in the early morning.
You can get sesame seed water by preparing a soaked teaspoon of black sesame seeds in a quarter cup of water, and soaking them overnight.
4. Alfalfa seed tea
Alfalfa seed tea is beneficial for people suffering from arthritis. The benefit from this tea comes from the alkalizing of the alfalfa seeds themselves.
Experts suggest that people suffering from arthritis should drink a maximum of seven cups of alfalfa tea a day, for two weeks to achieve the desired results.
5. Potato juice therapy
A good option as an arthritis remedy is the consumption of raw potato juice. Drinking raw potato juice is a good solution for people suffering from arthritis and rheumatic disease condition.
The juice can be obtained by soaking the chopped potatoes, including the skin overnight in a large glass of cold water.
It can then be consumed in the early morning, before taking any other food or beverages.
The capsaicin is a natural substance that can be found in red hot chili peppers. It can be used as either a cream or an ointment and is applied topically to the joints that are affected. It is known to relieve the pain that is associated with arthritis.
7. Apple cider vinegar
The use of apple cider vinegar is an ancient arthritis remedy which is known to be effective for people who are suffering from arthritis. A little can be consumed on a daily basis.
8. Emu oil
Emu oil is another arthritis remedy that can work well to alleviate some of the discomfort associated with arthritis.
The exact reasons why the use of emu oil gives positive results in arthritis cases is still being researched.
Banana is good for people suffering from arthritis and is known to be composed of vitamin B6 which is good for arthritis itself.
People suffering from arthritis should consume bananas on a regular basis for this therapy.
10. Cold and hot compression
- The application of cold and hot compression is another arthritis remedy that can provide relief for the people who are suffering from arthritis.
- They can provide the needed relief for the pain and inflammation problems that are symptoms associated with arthritis.
- For hot compression, you can use a hot bath or deep heat massage. While cold compressions can be done with the use of ice cubes wrapped in a towel.
- These are some of the natural remedies that people can use to treat arthritis symptoms. The effectiveness of these remedies may differ from one patient to another and from one form of arthritis to another.
- Because arthritis may contribute to other conditions, it is also important to address those ailments. If arthritis is causing stress and depression, then the patient also needs to consider seeking depression remedies.
- Arthritis. Available at http://www.healthline.com/health/arthritis#overview1
- 14 Home Remedies for Arthritis & Joint Pain. Available at http://everydayroots.com/arthritis-remedies
- 13 Natural Remedies for Arthritis. Available at http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20443624,00.html
- Natural Relief From Arthritis Pain. Available at http://www.healthline.com/health/osteoarthritis/arthritis-natural-relief
- Arthritis Pain Relief: 23 Science-Backed Natural Home Remedies to Try. Available at http://www.rd.com/health/conditions/natural-arthritis-remedies/
- 9 Natural Arthritis Remedies. Available at http://www.everydayhealth.com/arthritis/treatment/natural-ways-ease-arthritis-pain/
- 7 Effective All-Natural Treatments for Arthritis. Available at https://draxe.com/effective-all-natural-treatments-for-arthritis/