What Is Depression Remedies?
Depression Remedies is a mood disorder that manifests with persistent low mood accompanied by feeling of sadness as well as loss of interest. Depression Remedies episodes can last about 6 to 8 months
so it is a persist problem, which won’t just go away soon. You need to understand that Depression Remedies isn’t the usual fluctuations in mood that you tend to experience, which come and go away soon. 7
Things that cause temporary emotions may not constitute depression. Also, when you have feelings of grief that has come about due to death of a close person
It may not be Depression Remedies because it does not go on for long. However, there is complicated bereavement, which is related to depression.
There may be no single source for Depression Remedies and the causes may not fully be understood. It may occur as a result of a complex combination of factors. The factors may include:
- Biological – when there are changes in levels of neurotransmitters
Some people tend to be at a higher risk of having depression. The risk factors include:
- Childhood trauma
- Life events such as poverty, bereavement, and divorce
- Prescription drugs like beta-blockers and corticosteroids
- Genetic factors
- Personality- people who cannot cope with situations
- Past head injury
- Chronic conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease
- Abusing recreating drugs like amphetamines and alcohol.
A person with depression may show symptoms such as:
- Reduced mood
- Low appetite and unintentional weight loss
- Reduced interest in activities
- Reduced sexual desire
- Insomnia- difficult having sleep or excessive sleeping, known as hypersomnia
- Feeling guilty or worthlessness
- Loss of energy or fatigue
- Recurring thoughts of suicide, death, or attempting to commit suicide
- Worsening ability to concentrate, think or make decisions
- Restlessness and pacing up or slowed speech and movements.
Treating depression may require a holistic approach where a patient needs to deal with other underlying health conditions that may be manifesting.
For instance, a person with chronic pain like arthritis or a person experiencing earache, they may be having depression. Remedies such as earache remedies can help address pain related problems of the ear.
Depression can be experienced by both men and women alike. However, studies conducted show that the highest percentage of people who belong to depression groups is men.
Depression affects your life as well as your job or school performance. Although bouts of depression can be a normal thing that we undergo throughout life, depression that does not get relieved within months or years is a serious situation.
A great number of remedies are available to help prevent further depression being experienced. The following remedies are effective ways to combat depression:
Exercise is a good way to fight off depression. Through exercising, the body releases happy and uplifting hormones to get rid of depression episodes.
You can engage in simple exercise such as walking for 30 minutes. This can do wonders for the body and for people who are suffering from depression.
As the old saying goes, laughter is the best medicine. Learning to laugh will trigger the release of endorphins or happy hormones. You can laugh while watching comedy movies, or reading funny books or similar humorous content.
3. Alcoholic abstinence
People who are depressed are advised to stay away or abstain from alcohol, as it is known to aggravate the mood of depression.
4. Changes in diet
People who are depressed are encouraged to consume the following:
Protein rich foods
Protein rich foods such as chicken, tuna and turkey are known to have tyrosine which will aid in the increase of the norepinephrine and dopamine
which are known to be low in depressed individuals. Consuming protein rich foods will make the person concentrate and be alert.
Nutrient rich foods
Another effective way in dealing with depression is to eat nutrient rich foods such as minerals, fat in minimal amount, carbohydrates, and vitamins. High nutrient content or rich foods will aid in the body’s wellness, growth and repair.
Essential antioxidant foods
Another way to remedy depression is by eating a high amount of essential antioxidant foods. Depression leads to dysfunction and aging.
To combat such effects of depression, you must consume essential antioxidant foods such as margarine, wheat germ, kiwi, broccoli, oranges, apricots, carrots, pumpkins, sweet potato and spinach.
5. Massage therapy
Massage is a good way to deal with depression because it leads to the release of endorphins and provides relaxation to tense muscles.
Massage uses the concept that the body and mind are known to be interconnected and that emotional and physical health are linked.
The idea is that the body needs to be relaxed to be able to be mentally healthy. This then leads to a decrease in the experience of depression, and also contributes to the overall well being of the person.
6. Music therapy
This is a good way to manage depression. Simply by listening to your favorite kind of music will lead to fear reduction as well as the relaxation of grief, stress and anxiety.
It is an effective independent intervention which is also a known natural form of tranquilizer for the human spirit.
7. Meditation therapy
Meditation is an alteration of the state of consciousness. It promotes relaxation especially for people who are suffering from depression.
An example of meditation therapy is by undergoing yoga which includes relaxation, physical postures and breathing techniques.
These remedies can be used for people who are suffering from depression episodes. Aside from the therapies or remedies mentioned, the person suffering from depression also needs a huge amount of emotional and physical support from their loved ones.
Depression may be arising from chronic diseases such as arthritis meaning that in order to address the mood disorder, a patient may also want to seek remedies for arthritis and other chronic conditions.
- 13 Natural Remedies for Depression. Available at http://everydayroots.com/depression-remedies
- 12 Nondrug Remedies for Depression. Available at http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20526272,00.html
- 10 Natural Depression Treatments. Available at http://www.webmd.com/depression/features/natural-treatments#1
- Managing Depression. Available at http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/depression-living-managing
- 6 Natural depression Worth Trying. Available at http://www.prevention.com/health/healthy-living/natural-remedies-depression
- 11 Natural Treatments For Depression: An MD’s Tips For Skipping The Prozac. Available at https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/owning-pink/201103/11-natural-treatments-depression-md-s-tips-skipping-the-prozac
- Depression: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments. Available at http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/kc/depression-causes-symptoms-treatments-8933